There were many entries, and I was overwhelmed with the wonderful support you all gave me for Merge Dragons, and I love seeing how much fun you're all having. Thank you for tweeting to #mergedragons!
Technical details... I used this formula to generate a number that indexed a single row in a Google Spreadsheet I'd been using to keep track of all the entrants:
Pictured bottom center:
1. Why would you give such a treasure away?
Second, I recently released a new game that I self-funded and developed independently: Merge Dragons, for iOS and for Android, and I want to raise awareness! It’s incredibly hard to get players as an independent developer with few resources. So I would love your help spreading the word!
2. OMG, what do I have to do to have a chance to get this copy of The Sims 2 that's signed by the dev team?!?!??!111!?
- Download Merge Dragons for iOS or Android
- Between now and Black Friday (November 25, 2016):
(A) Tweet one or more fun screenshots you like from Merge Dragons (your dragon camp, a fun level, a funny dragon name, etc.)
(B) Have a friend tweet a photo of you while you’re visibly playing Merge Dragons.
- Finish your tweet with this so I know it’s for the giveaway: @raymazza #mergedragons #TS2
If you end up playing a lot of Merge Dragons, feel free to keep tweeting screenshots. I would love to see what you’re up to in the game! Also, feel free to tweet suggestions for new dragon names for me to add to the game.
NOTE: If Merge Dragons is not available in your country yet, simply retweet my original tweet (here), and then direct message me on twitter to tell me what country you're in, and I will include you in the giveaway -- I want all Sims fans to have a chance, regardless of where you live : ) (Merge Dragons will eventually be available in all countries, but I'm currently working on getting translations for certain locales.)
Details about Winning
- Tweets that are not original content will be disqualified. (In other words, don’t just repost someone else’s screenshot.)
- The day after Black Friday, on Saturday, November 26, 2016, I will look through all the people who have tweeted for this giveaway, and I will pick one with the help of a random number generator.
- I will contact the winner and make an announcement soon after. I’ll only announce the winner’s twitter identity if the winner okays it.
- I’ll carefully box and ship the package to the winner.
Details about the Prize
- It’s an original The Sims 2 “Special DVD Edition” PC box, still factory sealed.
- Box is signed by 22 of the original dev team, including some of your favorites! I can’t actually read all the names, but most of the signers were designers, producers, and gameplay engineers.
- The front is a flap that opens, with most of the signatures inside (shown below). Some are on the rear (also shown below). Some signatures are on the front (image at the top of the post). There’s also a single signature on the bottom (not shown).
Happy Simming, and Happy Merging!